Friday, January 15, 2010

Games for the night, January 15th

Picks for the night based on the model with a few thoughts about each game:
Charlotte +2.5
Charlotte is a killer home team and San Antonio started out somewhat slow in road games, but have climbed back up to .500. This line feels about right to me.

Sacramento +3
Last I had checked, Philly is one of the two teams in the league with a better record and point differential on the road then at home. (The other being Dallas.) However, Sacramento is also awful on the road. I think the difference between my spread and the Vegas spread is them giving the traditional 3 points to the home team, whereas my system only gave .6 points for this particular game.

Memphis -7.5
Memphis has been one of the hottest teams in the league recently and I don't see Minnesota keeping up with them. Much better team. Too much fire power.

Toronto +2.5
I have no clue about this game, whoever is shooting better for the night should win. Knicks have a better defense but their offense isn't quite as good. Take the points, hope for the best.

Indiana -3.5
My personal observations have led me to believe that Indiana is the most inconsistent team in the league, which makes them very frustrating when it comes to predictions. That said, they should take care of New Jersey.

Phoenix +5
Phoenix is awful on the road, even if their record doesn't necessarily show it. Their home and road differentials are so far off from one another, they are like a different team. Atlanta is basically the same way, though better on the road than the Suns. I don't like this bet, but it's what the system came up with.

Detroit +2
New Orleans is terrible on the road and they find ways to win at home. That's all I really know about them. I don't know much about Detroit either, other than that their offense tends to come to a halt at times. Just gonna hope for the best.

Washington -6
Chicago should not be laying 6 points to anyone on the second night of a tough back-to-back, especially when the first game went almost to the wire. (Score yesterday is somewhat deceiving.) Even with all of Washington's troubles lately, I'm still confident they can pull this one out, especially if Chicago's mid-range game isn't working.

Miami -4.5
Honestly, I don't expect Miami to cover against many teams in the West, I watched them play a few days ago and they were awful. But lucky for them, their biggest weakness, lack of big men shouldn't hurt them too badly against Houston.

OKC +5
Dallas feels very consistent to me, while OKC always seems all over the place, never putting a game in doubt early, but I'm confident in this line. My record betting on Dallas games, whether for them or against them is fantastic. It's around 70%, and now I just jinxed it.

Milwaukee +3.5
We'll see if Jennings can give a repeat of his performance the last time he played the Warriors. Even if he doesn't, the Warriors are just not a good team. (Although, neither is Milwaukee, especially on the road.)

Portland +4.5
My system doesn't take injuries into account, so it favors Portland when compared to the Vegas spread a lot, but you know what, they have been covering nearly every game since Oden went down (a lot of those without Aldridge either). Orlando is going to be tough though, it should depend on if their shot is falling tonight or not.

LAC +10.5
I am a Clipper fan. I hate landing on this side of the bet. Also, coincidentally, the team my system has the worst record with is the Clippers and it's not even close (28% last I ran the numbers, though they have covered a few times since then). It might depend on who plays tonight. I assume Pau is playing for the Lakers since I heard he might. I'm unsure about the status of Kaman and Camby, who bothed missed the last two games (Camby played a few minutes in the first one). I see this as a revenge game for the Lakers and if the Clipper bigs are out, it should be a massacre. When Craig Smith is your only hope (he usually destroys the Lakers), you're going to have a bad time.

No comments:

Post a Comment